Critique on Current Advertisements

critique and comments on current and recent advertsisemnts: commericals and print ads, from an advertising students's point of view.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Back in Black, again
The skinny black pant is back at The Gap. Their new campaign features original footage of the timeless icon, Audrey Hepburn dancing in the classic pant. The “Keep It Simple” campaign also features the AC/DC classic “Back in Black”, which I must say I was a little disappointed about because when I first heard it, I though the damn black Razr was back. I fully understand why they chose that song, even though they have already beyond slaughtered it, because it does fit their theme perfectly. Keeping with the Gap feel of pairing kitschy music and choreographed dancing, this commercial falls right in line. Although Gap commercials are highly recognizable because of this, I feel as if it time to move on because their commercials are getting pretty annoying because they play them too much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bosler said...

I like the new Gap ad featureing MS. Hepburn. I can understnad where your coming from though because their campiagn has ran too long. But, I think this one is going in the right direction. The Gap needs to do something because their stock keeps going down.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! the gap needs a new campaign. I'm so done with overplayed songs and idiotic dancing. Its like they think we're idiots who can only appreciate catchy tunes and funny movements. Give me something clever and interesting.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home