Critique on Current Advertisements

critique and comments on current and recent advertsisemnts: commericals and print ads, from an advertising students's point of view.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Lexus' Unparalleled Parking

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See for yourself, if you haven’t witnessed the miracle at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q9d--Jb1I0

Girls, you’re gonna love this, no more people honking at you while you try to see behind you.

The new Lexus LS is truly “unprecedented”. I couldn’t have agreed with this statement more. Like I just saw the parting of the Red Sea, their two launching commercials just make me drop my jaw every time I’ve seen it. Without frills, glitz, and excess fluff, the commercial just highlights the cars uber distinctive benefit: no hands parallel and back-in parking. How is this possible? Are we approaching the futuristic age in which we won’t have to do anything for ourselves? It seems that it is so. According to the advertisement, the Luxury Sedan will steer itself into a parking using sensors and backup cameras, called the Advanced Parking Guidance System. It can parallel park and back-in-park “with only minimal brake work from driver”, says their website. Although you do have to do some brake work, I think that the maneuvering is the hardest part, and Lexus addresses and solves that problem in a fantastically stylish way.

In just a simple presentation of what their product can do, it wouldn’t have been hard to create a successful advertisement with such an ingenious product, but they showcased in its naturally classy and sophisticated way. In fact, in one commercial, they use a pyramid of champagne glasses in the place of cars. But I can’t say enough just how much I appreciate something that shows the consumer, straight up, what their product does. Lexus doesn’t bullshit or drown a legitimately good product in fluff. Clearly, it is nothing like anything else on the market, although I am sure others will be soon to follow, only the people who are truly interested in being at the fore front of the technologically advanced. Lexus’ advertisements call it like they see it, and from here, it looks amazing.

View the Demo at Lexus:
http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home