Is the Dodge Nitro Asexual?

Check it out at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zF_YkHFLIA
The new dodge Nitro “planet” ad debuted today, it falls out of the claws of arcane, crashes through the earth’s core, past Easter Island heads, past the layer dinosaurs, next the to core and Satan, and into the middle of China. Its an interesting commercial, I noticed it as one of the more inventive that I’ve seen on prime time TV. So with that, something more exciting is that “commercial will also air in movie theaters and could run in other parts of the world”, a multicultural effort by Dodge will be seen in Japan, South America, just to name a few, says Ad Age. Another very fascinating tidbit is that they are targeting not only the obvious macho male target audience, but a female one, because they buy 58% of all SUVs. Ad Age states that “the seemingly schizophrenic approach is aimed at reaching men while not turning off women; Dodge's five-seat Nitro "is the SUV to which men aspire and women appreciate," Tom Loveless, director-marketing and global communications for the brand, said at a press conference today.”
After doing some of this research, I like their campaign even more because it integrates many different mediums and its global and multi- ethnic. I like that they are choosing to target segments so outwardly schizophrenic that many others would have the balls to do so. Equally dividing the ads to channels and magazines that appeal to men and then others that appeal to women, is very gutsy, in my eyes. Overall, the commercial did make me look up from doing my homework to see what was going on, so I suppose it did its job.
Read what Ad Age said about it:
http://adage.com/article?article_id=113008


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home